In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1unitariothe Unitarian church — la Iglesia Unitaria
- In a larger practical sense, however, evangelical revivalism shared basically Unitarian assumptions about the moral autonomy of children.
- Government grants to Unitarian food shelves are just the beginning.
- One figure acted as a lightning rod for Unitarian convictions.
- If clergy weren't agents of the state, those Unitarian ministers couldn't be fined for conducting rites sanctioned by their church.
- She now volunteers for the American Red Cross, plays piano for Unitarian services, trains her dressage horse, and basks in the views of her lovely new surroundings.
1unitario masculinounitaria femeninomiembro de la Iglesia Unitaria masculino
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.