In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- It's enough to just think in a certain way, slap yourself on the back, and pity the uneducated, unliberated denizens of mainstream culture.
- To all other extents I'm a modern, independent sort of gal… to take my husband's name seems so old-fashioned, so incredibly unliberated.
- These unliberated tendencies irritate some feminists to the point of recklessness.
- In other words, women get emancipated but remain unliberated.
- In the end, though, Smith was beginning to realise the futility of trying to liberate a proletariat that seemed quite content to remain unliberated.
- It was an image that appealed to both men and women in the unliberated days of the 1930s through the 1950s.
- Some schools hold the view that liberated beings may voluntarily return to the physical universe in order to help those who are as yet unliberated.
- Though she doesn't often admit it because it sounds so unliberated for a modern woman, finding a husband has always been foremost in her mind.
- Please subdue your unliberated accomplice and bring him to the Correctional Facility for immediate Liberation at this time!
- India Bridge is a decent woman, hopefully naïve, willfully unliberated, cursed with a brain she is afraid to use and time that she cannot manage to fill.
- It is not about being prudish, or easily embarrassed, or unliberated.
- In various passages from her autobiography, Hepburn, the daughter of a suffragist and birth-control crusader, sounds disconcertingly unliberated.
- Although women have advanced, Wolf contends that, ‘in terms of how we feel about ourselves physically, we may actually be worse off than our unliberated grandmothers.’
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.