In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1to go unnoticed — pasar desapercibido / inadvertido
- your absence didn't go unnoticed — tu ausencia no pasó desapercibida / inadvertida
- the film went unnoticed — la película pasó desapercibida
- she came into the room unnoticed by the others — entró en la habitación sin que los demás se dieran cuenta
- I just kept my end of the deal by staying quiet and unnoticed to the rest of society.
- In the bustle of the capital, the Tory leader's visit goes largely unnoticed.
- David's side of the family has been neglected, which has not gone unnoticed by his peeved parents.
- The simple gravestone at Yeadon Methodist Cemetery could easily go unnoticed.
- But the efforts of new young striker Daniel Bent did not go unnoticed by the caretaker boss.
- This strength of character has not gone unnoticed by Indian women, who have found much in her to applaud.
- The sacrifices that the people at my place have given have apparently gone unnoticed.
- New lighting will be installed to bring the block out of the gloom, making it less easy to slip inside unnoticed.
- He had transformed from the quiet and unnoticed prince to the strong and passionate captain.
- Palm Island has been revamped and there is a huge new hotel in the previously unnoticed island of Canouan.
- Many O26 bugs are relatively harmless and live unnoticed in the gut of humans and farm animals.
- This time, however, there was no fanfare as he slipped out of the country unnoticed.
- It's something that didn't go unnoticed in the Jensen household once his move north was cut and dried.
- Happily I had found a quiet spot where my hyperventilating could go unnoticed.
- He usually wears a peaked cap and is unnoticed as he sits at his café table, writing.
- The error - by an accountant new to the job - went unnoticed for more than three months.
- Why not undermine his own team, so that his poor performances might pass unnoticed?
- What went unnoticed in the row was that these people worked all the hours that were thrown at them.
- Is it really convincing that the man could have wormed out of the cells unnoticed?
- It is sad to note that fine and world-standard talent goes unnoticed in our regions.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.