In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The study reported by MacLean et al reflects the interest in determining the prevalence of family presence as a formally sanctioned or unsanctioned practice among critical care and emergency nurses.
- His segregation was also unlawful as unsanctioned by s7 to Penal Institutions Act.
- Would a vibrant legal debate forestall practical preparations for future unsanctioned instances of ‘power doing justice’ - albeit outside the law?
- Rather did their solution become more urgent as public expectations rose and were transformed into spontaneous and unsanctioned actions.
- Similar unsanctioned protests, organized by the Communist Party, took place in another Moscow region town, Solnechnogorsk, as well as in Samara, Tatarstan and the Leningrad region.
- Minsk police spokesman Oleg Slepchenko said 34 protesters were detained for participating in an unsanctioned rally.
- Someone who really wanted to stop unsanctioned immigration would begin here, by busting the small contractors who employ these workers on a contingent basis.
- In addition, early modern Europeans could have recourse to a variety of unsanctioned or ‘magical’ techniques to promote or restrict fertility.
- It was informal, unsanctioned, unauthorized and went off without a hitch.
- Will correspondents use them to present an unsanctioned, less filtered account of events as they unfold, or will they just recount colorful background stories?
- It's a story of globalization, illegal chemicals and unsanctioned antibiotics, and bovine additives.
- The one deals with boxing promoter Turkish working in the seedy world of unsanctioned, illegal bare-knuckle boxing.
- But arrogance may result in quick, unsanctioned action.
- Current and former CIA officers aware of the recent decision said the suspension reflects the CIA's fears of being accused of unsanctioned and illegal activities, as it was in the 1970s.
- Proposition 36 will not heal the hypocritical heart of a nation that extols the empty pleasures of consumerism while excoriating the unsanctioned ecstasies of illegal drugs.
- The New York State Athletic Commission, which regulates competitive boxing, has told boxing gyms that unsanctioned events such as white-collar boxing are illegal because of their potential for serious injury.
- Now, at press time this group remained unsanctioned by the student union, so your seeing them at Clubs Days is dependent on their commandeering another club's table.
- Unwanted software includes worms, viruses, spyware, vulnerable applications, unlicensed software, and unsanctioned applications, and it can arrive on corporate networks in many ways.
- The authorities still arrest and imprison unsanctioned bishops and priests.
- An incident during the 1997 federal election revealed some insight into the consequences of unsanctioned editorial action at an Irving-owned paper.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.