1(solution/vapor) no saturado(fats/molecule/compound) insaturado
- The unsaturated benzene ring readily reacts with halogens, rapidly discoloring bromine water.
- When unsaturated organic compounds are used as the starting point the alcohol is made by the addition of water to the double or triple bond.
- In common with all unsaturated hydrocarbons hydrogen can be added across the double bond to produce ethane.
- Thus conjugation can occur in molecules in which the unsaturated sites are close in space but are separated by more than a single covalent bond.
- These unsaturated hydrocarbons are readily oxidised and polymerised, which can reduce the oil's shelf life.