In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1que no encogeinencogible
- Where unshrinkable fill is used the excavation must be plated or closed to traffic for a minimum of 24 hours after fill placement.
- School caps and blazers are made from pre-shrunk or unshrinkable material.
- The result is an unshrinkable, soft but durable material that makes beautiful scarves, mittens, shawls and hats woven in village specific patterns.
- This invention provides a roller member including a metallic core roller and an unshrinkable sleeve which is heat-welded onto the surface of the roller.
- Wool, on the other hand, if made soft and unshrinkable, would be the perfect underwear for battle.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.