In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1no vendidothe house remained unsold for several months — la casa estuvo sin venderse varios meses
- Goods go unsold, and companies which cannot sell all they hoped to see profits slump.
- Merchandising income also fell and unsold shirts had to be disposed of through large discounts, cutting margins dramatically.
- Why should it record a loss on the books in the event that retail returns the unsold product back to the record company?
- The Commerce Department said the new figure partly reflected an unexpectedly strong build-up of unsold goods.
- On more than one occasion his label did a lacklustre job of promoting his record and were stuck with an office full of unsold albums.
- Prices are stagnant in my area, properties remain unsold for several months.
- The two unsold detached villas have asking prices of 19,350 and 19,651 yuan a square metre.
- Only three houses remain unsold at the Mansfield Park development, just outside Kinsale in Co Cork.
- The other giant portrait which carries a £120,000 price tag remains unsold.
- The unsold bonds were bought by the underwriters, and rates subsequently dropped back.
- It may also end up with unsold stocks of obsolete products.
- Eventually, it got to the point where the only time I would see her would be when we all met up at the end of the day to turn our unsold tickets in.
- The continued gains in sales have drawn down the inventory of unsold homes.
- I expect that both venues will be selling tickets for any unsold seats on the day, but you may be disappointed if they've sold out.
- The technology bust has left behind a mountain of unsold computers, cell phones, and PDAs.
- Only four apartments remain unsold at the Russell Quay development in Ballyconnell, Co Cavan.
- Difficulties can also arise with regard to the status of unsold, damaged or out-of-date stock.
- Tickets are to be sold in advance of the event and a ticket sales area will be included in the marquee for the sale of any unsold tickets.
- You won't find Dell with unsold inventory because it hardly has any.
- When your main rival is offloading warehouses full of unsold kit, it makes it a lot harder to sell your own product.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.