In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- We have been asked by the council to take on a pension liability which is unspecified and unquantified.
- An unspecified threat has led to the closures of several courthouses in Connecticut.
- Flights have either been cancelled, rescheduled or simply delayed for unspecified periods.
- But after that you will be able to stay in your own suite, as long as it isn't occupied, at an as yet unspecified discount.
- A proposal, details of which remain unspecified, for emergency measures also has been mooted.
- In September last year members of all parties voted unanimously to grant him an extended leave of absence due to an unspecified illness.
- He revealed that City's directors had given the go-ahead for a fans' forum to be held on an unspecified date next year.
- He is also thought to be suffering from a serious, but unspecified, illness for which he needs powerful medication.
- I will never get another chance, and I hear it will even change my life, in some unspecified but profound mystical fashion.
- Vague promises of unspecified future salvation just don't cut it in today's market.
- At first, the speaker is out of view, looking on from an unknown, unspecified locale.
- An hour later, the post office manager received a call on his mobile from a man demanding an unspecified amount of money.
- At some unspecified point, consistent breach of a rule becomes the rule.
- The Supreme Court ruled the charges were unlawful and granted unspecified damages to the airline.
- The law suit asks for unspecified damages on behalf of Keeney and her son.
- For unspecified reasons, he was demoted in 1927, so he resigned and returned to Sofia.
- This includes unspecified economic penalties and the severing of diplomatic relations.
- The US Air Force has also received orders to deploy an unspecified number of B - 2 bombers.
- They would be placed in a truck and driven into an unspecified Baltimore tunnel.
- The move is expected to take place at a yet unspecified time later in the year following a £1.6million revamp.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.