In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1injustificablesin justificaciónsin disculpa posible
- Ironically, this is the same kind of ultimately unwarrantable conviction that religion wants its practitioners to adopt: belief without demonstrable proof.
- Suddenly there was that feeling again; that unwarrantable, totally irrational feeling of optimism.
- Certainly the delay here is not unwarrantable.
- I wish they had chosen the way of non-violence in resisting what they rightly regard as an unwarrantable encroachment upon their country.
- We have warned them from time to time of attempts by their legislature to extend an unwarrantable jurisdiction over us.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.