In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1unwillingness to + inf
- his unwillingness to listen to us — el hecho de que no nos quiera escuchar
- Yet it is these very same people who have buried the community centre through their unwillingness to lift a finger to help out.
- The federal government's unwillingness to take action has left it up to states.
- The second reveals an unwillingness to face the commercial realities of the marketplace.
- There are frequent complaints about unwillingness to work, lack of entrepreneurialism and aversion to risk.
- Those who dislike it do so for its stubborn unwillingness to judge the two young gunmen.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.