In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(sofa/chair) tapizarwell-upholstered — rellenito humorístico
- The chairs are upholstered in the same fabric used on the table and for the curtains, and the plain off-white rug prevents the floral pattern from becoming overwhelming.
- Chief among these was a large green upholstered sofa with tufts of stuffing poking out here and there.
- In addition, a cloth upholstered seat is often more comfortable for the baby.
- Those houses have flower gardens and interior furnishings such as upholstered furniture and armoires.
- Notice carefully how this is done: the curtains are made of the same silk fabric with which the wing chair is upholstered.
- Fitted carpets, heavy drapes, upholstered furniture - even soft toys - promote dust accumulation and the breeding of dust mites.
- James pointed to the richly upholstered sofa and ordered, ‘Sit down, Maria.’
- The drapes, the quilts on the bed, the pillows, and the two upholstered chairs were all in a dark, rich plum color.
- Consider replacing upholstered sofas and chairs with furniture made of leather, wood, metal or plastic.
- Gold's company makes and sells high-end casual upholstered furniture, especially chairs and sofas, as well as cushions.
- You can often find upholstered furniture in brick red, and the color is a favorite in Oriental rugs.
- Carpets have to be thrown away, along with mattresses, bedding, and most upholstered furniture.
- I do not recommend dyeing upholstered furniture.
- Wrought iron and upholstered furniture, made-to-measure and ready-made curtains and a wide range of fabrics are all found in the company's new brochure.
- For instance, Emerson found a fuzzy orange sweater fabric for $5 a yard and used it to make pillows and upholster the dining chairs.
- This place had leather upholstered chairs and mahogany desks.
- Sitting on a fine upholstered couch was a blond man with perfect hair, teeth and clothes.
- At an upholstery shop, a couple was dragging out a newly-upholstered sofa.
- She had plush upholstered chairs set up around the table with a special throne-like chair at the head of the table.
- Mr McStay used to specialise in upholstering furniture, but now he concentrates on making sofas to order.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.