In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(scenery/words/experience) (spiritually) que eleva el espíritu(scenery/words/experience) (emotionally) que anima(scenery/words/experience) (emotionally) que levanta el ánimo
- Rigorously avoiding sentimentality, Jacobson opts instead for something far more uplifting, which is honesty.
- Well worth the price, and an uplifting experience.
- What I was instantly drawn to with Dogs was their happy uplifting songs, with often child like lyrics comical content.
- Probably the critics of modern art are nostalgic for beautiful and uplifting art like the Sistine Chapel.
- Robert Force has been playing the mountain dulcimer for over 30 years, delivering wildly uplifting performances around the globe.
- The film is absorbing rather than depressing, uplifting rather than sad.
- John, I like what you said about contribute to society, very motivational, uplifting.
- Every night, you know, we try to close with a musical number of an uplifting nature.
- In the second movement Andante, Menissier employs delectable registrations to highlight the uplifting nature of the music.
- He did good, professional work but reportedly lamented the dearth (to him) of more uplifting assignments in comics.
- To bring the beneficent influence of the countryside into the city, parks provided "uplifting" rural scenery.
- Stone uses his gifts as a scenarist to create a unique, inventive uplifting story.
- Her return pilgrimage to Lourdes last year was an uplifting experience during her illness.
- Just to be can be so very rewarding, so uplifting, so transformative.
- At their best, they are stories we can appreciate regardless of whether they are remotely true, morally uplifting, or practically significant.
- Our posters tend to be a bit wittier and more direct, whereas the German contingent are more visionary and uplifting.
- I am going through a transition period right now and your emails are uplifting to me.
- You do not go to the UN to see uplifting moral authority in action.
- The church or cathedral spire would be built over a vortex to promote the most spiritually uplifting experience for worshippers.
- All in all, a delightful and uplifting evening.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.