In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
inglés de Escocia, EEUU
1masculino precio mínimo
- I don't know whether our city planning development department was merely generous with its upset price or whether the department underestimated the property boom.
- Usually, they end up not with the house of their dreams, as it sold for 40% over the upset price within days, but the house that will do, and even then they have to throw everything they have into the pot.
- House prices in the town have been buoyant in recent times and this upset price appears conservative.
- There has already been a lot of interest in the house - days after being marketed a closing date was set, so despite its modest upset price, you can expect plenty of competition.
- Buy this for anything like the upset price, and you will be picking up a bargain.
- Rod Christie, the agent, already has 57 viewings booked and believes that the house will significantly exceed the upset price.
- The £249,000 upset price also includes a host of Victorian features, with cornices, panelling and high ceilings, all furnished in a ‘potently romantic’ style with open fires and ‘lavish window treatments’.
- The offer exceeded the upset price of £50 000 and acceptance is subject to no objections to proposals for erection of a garage on the site.
- It was marketed in 2002 with an upset price of £950,000.
- Once complete, a house such as this could be worth double the current upset price.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.