In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Automóvilescambio a una marcha superior masculino
- It changes down beautifully, but upshifts are either slow or jerky or full of clutch-slip.
- You'll notice its stiffness most under radical upshifts (more than three gears at time).
- The powershift transmission also offers upshift and automatic four-wheel-drive braking when in two-wheel drive.
- It's much easier to start in 1st gear and upshift through the gears as the bike accelerates.
- There is also an automatic mode and a low grip mode, which allows the car to start in second gear with all further upshifts taking place at a lower engine speed.
- Unfortunately, though, the sequential changes are tad sloppy on the upshift and slightly jerky on the downshift.
2(an increase)aumento masculino
- Adding in the 1% growth rate of the labor force, this upshift means the economy is now capable of sustaining growth in the area of 3.5% over the long haul without lifting inflation.
- But the upshift in productivity has created a new jobs cycle and changed - maybe forever - how employment enters the economic equation.
1cambiar a una marcha superior
- Kim spun her car around quickly and punched the gas, accelerating hard as she upshifted, turning the wheel onto Mountaindale Road, watching as Belial shifted uncomfortably in the racing seat.
- Accelerating out of each curve, upshifting toward the next, the Saab's perfectly precise steering, athletically taut suspension and linear, progressive brakes add to enjoyment of the road.
- She hit the first small straight and accelerated hard, upshifting, then braking to send her car sailing through a set of hairpin turns.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.