In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Can the applicant be expected to know in advance what the benefits of his research will be, or if there will be a useable product?
- But that's not how it seems to people who have been without a useable telephone for several days.
- Our total useable on-shore wind resource is estimated at 300 billion kilo-watt hours per year.
- It results in missing hospital appointments or being late for appointments because there are no useable parking spaces.
- The green areas of the estate will also be redesigned with a view to making them more attractive and more useable.
- It can be quite easy to store data in an unstructured way, but then it's still just raw data, and not necessarily useable information.
- They are also useable in contemporary public life in four distinct ways.
- I also bought a modern Welsh-English dictionary, far more useable than my old one.
- There are no usable service huts along the route and you must carry a tent along.
- Joel noted that the ship's computers did not seem to be in a useable condition.
- Making the space into something useable is a huge job.
- In some ways it was a strangely unproductive night, I only got six or seven photos out of the two and a bit hours of work, but thankfully all of them should be useable by the charity.
- There are going to be some awful times in the next few years, and some of them will be useable by an intelligent opposition.
- The project will investigate the technological, psychological and design aspects of what makes a useable and useful wireless service.
- Despite its age, the Dakota's airframe is in excellent condition and the useable parts of its engines have been sent to America for overhaul.
- But what does it say about a world in which so much useable stuff is thrown away?
- After more of the same, I realise that I am not going to get any useable information.
- Experts were able to assemble the parts to make a useable weapon, the court heard.
- Therefore this would only be useable in an industry that uses cash during its main form of transaction.
- The success provides encouragement that useable stem cells can be found in sources other than the human embryo, which remains controversial.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.