1(comment/method/response) acostumbrado(method/response/comment) habitual(method/comment/response) usual(route/time/place) de siempre(time/place/route) de costumbre(appearance/clothes) de costumbreshe wasn't her usual self — no era la de siempre
- we've had more snow than usual this winter — este invierno ha nevado más que de costumbre / más de lo normal
- as usual — como de costumbre
- everybody was grumbling about the weather — as usual! — todos se quejaban del mal tiempo — ¡para variar!
- as is usual at these events — como suele ocurrir / pasar en estas ocasiones
- it is usual for candidates to apply in writing — lo normal / habitual es que los candidatos hagan su solicitud por escrito
- the usual thing — lo de siempre
- the usual thing is for everybody to take part — lo normal es que todos participen
- The closure is accompanied by the usual claptrap about improving customer service.
- The school also taught French but, as was usual at this time, not much science.
- The usual terms and conditions apply.
- Over the next two weeks I went back to my usual routine of going to work and marking homework when I got home.
- As a result, when a brand promotes it should generate more sales than usual.
- Set aside an appointment that is longer than usual, so there is time to deal with a patient's concerns.
- However, the monsoons were heavier than usual, and prevented the fleet from sailing.
- Car club members pay a monthly subscription and then hire by the hour for less than usual car hire rates.
- I follow my usual routine - a healthy breakfast followed by a long soak in the bath.
- I went to work today and it was a slower than usual day because the patient turnout was low.
- As usual the forecast was wrong and it rained all day but despite this, we had a very good time.
- It was a superb meal and up to the restaurant's usual high standard of cuisine, service and atmosphere.
- We had a bit of a chat and as usual Eric had me laughing like a drain with his dry observations on life.
- As usual Megan began eating her food quickly whereas I just played with it and only ate a little bit.
- It's usual practice for companies to inform customers when they are disconnecting them.
- I told Megan that it was just a cold, but as usual she got worried and told me to visit the doctor.
- A council spokesman said it was usual practice for such matters to be decided in closed meetings.
- It was a nice break from the usual routine and it gave me time to think and I feel so much better for it.
- As usual I want to find out about a subject, but am short on the time and energy to do the searching myself.
- This has resulted in more visitors than usual deciding to head North for their holiday.
1(customary thing)to do/say the usual — hacer/decir lo de siempre
2(drink, order)my / the usual, please — lo de siempre, por favor