- The cars handle well, offering a little fun to go with their high quality and utilitarian design.
- The scrapers seem to have functioned primarily as utilitarian items rather than prestige items.
- His sculptures misbehave, they defy convention, they turn utilitarian objects and practical actions into outlandish things involving wonder and humor.
- Stoneware was the basic ceramic ware for utilitarian objects in the nineteenth century.
- It said the battle to save the building was lost and the site was now to be covered by flats of a utilitarian design.
- Craftsmen survived in a variety of way: by producing souvenirs rather than utilitarian objects.
- It's a plain, utilitarian stick that does its job without calling attention to itself.
- She wore utilitarian working clothes, rather than the traditional blouse and skirt.
- But does a democracy really have to choose to build brutish, dull, utilitarian buildings when building for itself?
- The buildings are utilitarian in nature, although they come with efficient, and some would say essential, air-conditioning.
- The original farmhouse was a utilitarian building without much molding or other decoration.
- For those unable to afford elaborately carved items or high-quality cabinetry, there was nevertheless much practical, utilitarian furniture.
- They used these simple stacked facades for unpretentious utilitarian buildings; the repeated detail lent itself to prefabrication.
- It is a shopping centre, not Salisbury Cathedral, and it is always going to be a utilitarian building.
- The building, whose economical and utilitarian design gives it an imposing solidarity, is still there, situated about 300 metres from the Bosphorus shoreline.
- Department stores do stock lots of bras in ‘plus’ sizes, but they tend to be ugly, utilitarian and practical bras designed for an older clientele.
- They looked merely utilitarian and sensibly designed.
- These traditions provide inspiration at every level - from the design of the most utilitarian objects to fine art.
- Grips on any handgun can be works of art or strictly utilitarian objects that fulfill a need.
- Surprising though, is the toned down and rather utilitarian look and shape of the accessories.
- He made a lasting contribution to moral and political philosophy by attacking the prevailing materialism and empiricism of utilitarian thinkers.
- In England, the utilitarian doctrine of a higher public good trumped the idea of intellectual property rooted in natural right.
- I can make both moral and utilitarian arguments for the classical liberal worldview.
- I imagined that a broadly utilitarian approach to ethics was fairly standard these days.
- Modern philosophers tend to take a more utilitarian position.