In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The doors to the utility room, a family room and the second entrance all converge at this point.
- A lobby area leads from here to a utility room and a shower room with part-tiled walls.
- It has eight bedrooms, four reception rooms, kitchen, gun room and various storage and utility rooms.
- Off the kitchen a utility room houses the heating system and there is ample room for washers and dryers.
- There is a good-sized utility room and separate shower room to the rear of the house.
- The three-bedroom penthouses all have en suite bathrooms, terraces, fitted kitchens, utility rooms, fitted wardrobes and a living room.
- Off the kitchen is a utility room, so the washing machine and dryer are kept out of view and earshot.
- Outside there is a utility room plumbed for a washing machine and tumble dryer with shelf storage.
- Off the kitchen is a breakfast room, laundry room, utility room and two store rooms.
- To the right of this room is a utility room, which could also serve as a kitchen in itself.
- The utility room and bathroom both feature a panelled ceiling with skylight.
- A spacious utility room beyond the kitchen completes the accommodation at this level.
- To the rear of the ground floor are the kitchen, dining room and a separate utility room with rear access.
- Behind the dining room are the utility room and family bathroom, both with tiled floors.
- There is also a small utility room and separate storage room in this area.
- On the ground floor there is a TV / playroom, a utility room and a wine cellar.
- A small utility room is home to all other kitchen appliances and has a separate toilet and hand basin.
- The study, kitchen, and utility rooms stretch across the rear of the house and overlook a quaint courtyard to the rear.
- Also off the hall is a utility room plumbed for a washing machine and dryer.
- On the ground floor, it has a sitting room, dining room, kitchen, utility room and cellar.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.