In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1vacilación femeninoindecisión femenino
- But behind the scenes there has been vacillation, from politicians and civil servants alike, over costs and funding and location.
- In a way, the organisers were pre-empting any possible vacillation in the minds of children and prevent them from becoming child workers.
- The vacillation between being firm and compassionate pulls apart every policy proposal.
- Let's have no more vacillation - if the Government can't decide, the people should.
- After some vacillation, sister Agatha decides to give them a place to hide.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.