In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1vagabundeo masculinovagancia femenino
- The question of the future of the banana industry also earned a place on the list as well as policies to improve life in poor communities in an effort to reduce crime, drugs, prostitution and vagrancy.
- It is apparent that the authorities lack the determination and will power to solve the persistent problem of vagrancy.
- The report concluded that prison terms for relatively minor offences including vagrancy and larceny destabilised family and spousal relationships, and led to a loss of accommodation and employment.
- Famously, he spent a spell as a Highgate Cemetery gravedigger, and was later also deported from Spain for vagrancy while busking in Barcelona.
- On Thursday, six of the homeless people who were arrested for vagrancy were released.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.