In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Doing so would mean that a product that has a value becomes valueless.
- Experiences are so often described as ‘life-changing’ that the adjective seems clichéd, almost valueless.
- There are worse things to take into adulthood than a student debt - such as a valueless degree, and an impoverished outlook on life.
- Having bought her own home, she now accepts it is valueless, and is desperate to go into a council flat.
- They're worthless as commodities, but not valueless to humankind.
- Don't just write off negative comments as being valueless because they are from people who ‘don't understand’ - that's the oldest trick in the sulky teenager's book.
- To her, and many of her classmates, some of the traditional values are almost valueless and not worth mentioning.
- If, however, on offering this product no consumers can be found to purchase this tricycle, it is economically valueless, regardless of the misdirected effort that I had expended upon it.
- They are now telling us our previous life experience is valueless.
- Yes, design competitions are often flawed, but I did say flawed and not utterly misguided and valueless or irredeemably corrupt.
- Even idle speculation may not be quite valueless if it is recognized for what it is.
- I have seen people drop these and larger denominations of coins in the supermarket and not bother to pick them up as they are essentially considered valueless.
- It is one thing to strive to be ‘value free’ in the scholarship we produce, but quite another to be valueless in the face of attacks on universal standards.
- Punishment for its own sake is always a valueless process, which corrects nothing and only serves to vent the pent-up rage of the person or people inflicting it.
- But that does not mean that non-operable forest is valueless.
- The thinking goes like this: with the job markets rendering many first degrees valueless, graduates from redbrick universities can come to Oxford to get their master's qualifications.
- It's fine to have compensation, but after three or four year it's valueless.
- Over time, your plan will shrink, and in the worst cases end up valueless.
- The evidence as to the soil samples I regard as valueless in so far as it relates to the acid herbicides, since the laboratory that carried out the analysis considered that the results were inconclusive.
- So, just who are these people who think that I am valueless?
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.