In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1.1Mecánicaválvula femeninoinlet/outlet valve — válvula de entrada/salida femenino
- The patented sensitive microphone detects the noise of a water leak transmitted along pipes, valves, and hydrants and through the ground.
- One of the safety shutoff valves had closed in the coolant system of the third engine.
- Close the water valves and disconnect the water lines just above the valves and the drain piping at the trap.
- The pump design accomplishes all fluid control functions while eliminating valves that can clog, fatigue, and fail, causing accuracy drifting and pump failure over time.
- For example, every fixture must include an isolation valve to allow maintenance personnel to shut down individual fixtures.
- If automatic valves are used, they should be controlled from a central location and be easy to override with manual controls.
- If the burner doesn't ignite quickly, shut off the valves, leave the lid open and allow the grill to air out for several minutes before you try to light it again.
- The pipelines are controlled by computer systems, linked to sensors and automatic valves to manage the speed of flow.
- On offer is a 3 litre petrol engine V6 with four valves per cylinder.
- Its speed can be influenced by the waste-gate valve, which is controlled by the pressure-driven converter.
- The required ingredients are then pumped from their storage areas through a series of valves and pipes that eventually lead to the blend tanks.
- Such valves allow the intake of air but not the outflow.
- The system is regulated by a height control valve which allows fluid to move between spheres to keep the car level.
- Using them would mean that attachments could be installed without disassembly of the main control valve or draining of hydraulic fluids.
- To remove the clog, close the shutoff valve at the bottom of the radiator and unscrew the air vent.
- All control valves are located on the left side of the machine for convenience.
- The main tanks were fitted with simultaneously opening dump valves controlled by either pilot.
- The main type of central heating system is wet - where hot water is circulated through pipes and goes to radiators with valves that control the amount of time it spends there.
- Multifunctional tools, such as graders, require an electrical outlet and switches on the loader to control hydraulic diverter valves.
- If you choose to have a fountain in your water garden, place the control valve from the fountain assembly onto the top outlet of the pump.
1.2(on tire)válvula femenino
1.3(on musical instrument)pistón masculino
- The later introduction of valves extended the versatility of brass instruments to cover the full chromatic scale.
- For trumpeters the left hand acts merely as a clamp holding the instrument whilst the three valves are operated by fingers of the right hand.
- The soloists played on natural horns, instruments that have no valves and are not as powerful as their modern descendants.
- During pregnancy, hormones relax the muscles in your digestive tract, including the valve in the esophagus.
- The condition results from problems with valves in the veins of the leg.
- If the heart valves can't open and close correctly, blood can't flow smoothly.
- Veins become varicose when valves in the veins closest to the skin's surface don't function correctly.
- When crocodiles are completely submerged, the ears and nostrils are closed by valves, and the eyes covered by membranes.
2BritanicoElectrónicaválvula femeninolámpara femenino
- Equipped with transistors instead of valves, it could be operated for 80 hours on four hearing aid batteries, costing 2s 6d each.
- Silicon chips transformed the then slowly evolving world of electrical circuits and valves to the vibrant and fast developing world of electronics.
- Unlike delicate solid-state circuitry, valves are incredibly robust from an electrical perspective.
- You could even build a functional, if somewhat cumbersome, guitar amplifier with a hydraulic system replacing transistors or valves.
- Electronic valves are no longer used and have been replaced by transistors and diodes which have a low current consumption, greater reliability and much smaller dimensions.
3(of shellfish)valva femenino
- Note that each shell valve is symmetrical about the midline, but the two shell valves are often unequal in size.
- The remains usually consisted of a large piece of one valve plus a fragment of the other valve attached by a virtually intact hinge.
- The two shell valves would have been rigidly fixed in place, and the dorsal margin could not have been more than a poorly elastic structure, if that.
- All these plates that attach to the floor of the brachial valve may have been thickened by secondary overgrowth.
- The brachiopods from the limestone unit are mostly preserved as shells, most with valves conjoined.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.