- A computerized laser vaporizes a predetermined portion of the cornea.
- Heat vaporizes gasoline and it all burns as a volatile gas.
- At a sufficiently high temperature the water below would vaporize and form a gas layer that supports the body of water above.
- When Earth passes through the debris each August, the bits are vaporized in the atmosphere.
- Four hundred tons of heavy hydrogen in a real fusion reaction could instantly vaporize a city, but there was no concentrated heavy hydrogen in the building.
- Valued for their predictability, these lasers emit high energy densities within short pulses that vaporize tissue while sparing surrounding skin.
- When the asteroid hit, it was vaporized by the extreme energy of the impact.
- However, NH 3 is toxic, chills its surroundings rapidly on vaporizing, and releases heat on contact with water.
- Also, for early cancers, a doctor may use a laser to vaporize the growth.
- For example, a gas engine is designed to vaporize gasoline and then ignite it with a spark.
- If the alloys are unduly superheated, zinc is vaporized and the chemistry of the alloy is changed.
- The laser actually vaporizes a pinpoint of your skin.
- Before wet wood can burn, heat energy must first supply enough energy to vaporize the water.
- This should help illustrate how much energy it takes to vaporize a gallon of water.
- Its impact with the ground results in a massive explosion, vaporizing the space object and launching perhaps over a trillion tons of gas, ash and rock dust into the atmosphere.
- They've theorized that carbonates in the target rock exploded, vaporizing into carbon dioxide.
- The intensity of the laser light is sufficient to vaporize material and produce irreversible changes.
- The kinetic energy of the meteorite is converted to heat, which vaporizes the surrounding rock as well as much of the meteorite, producing an explosion equivalent to a large nuclear device.
- The explosion initially vaporizes the surrounding rock and produces a high-temperature cavity.
- Laser resurfacing is performed using a beam of laser energy that vaporizes the upper layers of damaged skin at specific and controlled levels of penetration.