In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1discrepancia femeninodesacuerdo masculino(in statistics) varianza femeninoto be at variance with sth — discrepar de algo
- to be at variance with sb — discrepar con / de algn
- A statistical test for significance of the regression coefficient requires its variance.
- Common statistical methods, including chi square, analysis of variance, and multiple regression were used to analyze the data.
- In finance, most of the measures we use come straight from statistics - standard deviation, expected value, variance.
- Random effects are typically assumed to follow normal distributions with zero mean and unknown variances, termed ‘variance components.’
- The method allowed him to investigate the independence of the sample mean and sample variance in certain cases.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.