In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The term is used in several different ways and can be applied to various art forms.
- Within each type are several different Pokemon each possessing various abilities.
- The various antibiotics in each group differ by the nature of one or two side chains.
- We had extra staff in the ground, at the railway station and across various parts of the city.
- My difficulties with this are many and various and should be shared by most.
- Monday I leave for Boston with a car full of cameras and film of various shapes and sizes.
- There are various types of eczema, with slightly different causes and symptoms.
- At the desk Cassie and Sally filled out various forms.
- The performances are polished and well adapted to the differing styles of the various works.
- There are also various groups of neurons within the brain stem.
- We involved women from various parts of the County and from different walks of life.
- Some came with empty oil tanks of various sizes to hoard the fuel as much as possible.
- You need to do is work out what might happen under the various different scenarios.
- Further studies are needed to help differentiate between the various possibilities.
- The seminars are presented by the aforementioned authors as well as various professional agencies.
- We are all, in our various ways, reliant on others to do their jobs properly.
- There are many mountain ranges throughout the world, all of various ages and sizes.
- Each building consists principally of residential apartments of various sizes.
- To address this, an instructor must use various teaching methods to capture as many students as possible.
- Koi carp found in the UK come in various colours, but are always bright and distinctive.
2(different, diverse)diferentesdiversoslet us consider the various options — consideremos las diversas opciones
- people as various as lawyers and plumbers — personas tan diversas como abogados y fontaneros
- Faces in the Crowd offers a wonderfully various and intelligently chosen spread of images.
- Their environments are locally various and the types of cattle are often divided from each other by the topography of the country.
- Gorky's drawings are so rich, so various, so complex, and often so mysterious that they must be studied with rigorous concentration if we are to tease out their secrets.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.