In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Smokers have a greater incidence of coronary heart disease, myocardial infarction, peripheral vascular disease, and reduced healing rates.
- One function of the lymphatic system is to return excess fluid and protein from interstitial spaces to the blood vascular system.
- And of course cholesterol levels in the blood are related to your blood vessels of your vascular system.
- Peripheral vascular disease commonly affects the arteries supplying the leg and is mostly caused by atherosclerosis.
- Here, we have engineered blood vessels from vascular cells in elderly men.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.