In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Patients who are being treated with vasopressors should be weaned off the medications if possible.
- In this study, abrupt drug withdrawal reinduced norepinephrine dependency in 30% of patients previously weaned from vasopressors.
- Patients with hypotension should be treated more aggressively, with fluids, inotropic agents or vasopressors as indicated to maintain perfusion and prevent extension of the infarct.
- He was admitted to the intensive care unit in septic shock and was treated with broad-spectrum antibiotics and vasopressors.
- Central venous catheters are used for haemodynamic monitoring, giving vasopressors and cytotoxic drugs, sampling blood, and giving fluids and parenteral nutrition.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.