In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1vegetariano masculinovegetariana femenino
1(restaurant/diet/dish) vegetarianovegetarian cheese — queso hecho con cuajo vegetal
- Here are a few innovative and delicious vegetarian recipes to tickle the palate.
- There aren't many vegetarian restaurants in this city, and not everyone can afford them.
- Joan had made a very tasty vegetarian dish with broccoli in a remarkable sauce and a crumble topping with roast almonds.
- There are lots of vegetarian recipe books available, and supermarkets sell a wide range of vegetarian meals.
- Often the vegetarian option in a restaurant is much cheaper than the equivalent meat option.
- In fact, I had completely forgotten that we were eating in a vegetarian restaurant.
- The menu had a whole page of vegetarian recipes, another of fish dishes, and finally one of meat.
- There are always one or two vegetarian selections among the five or so dishes on the list.
- I have never met a chef who enjoys cooking vegetarian food, it confuses them.
- Since Chinese vegetarian food does not use too much oil or spices, it is light on the stomach.
- It's pretty easy to get vegetarian food there as you choose what you want to put in your bowl yourself and then they cook it for you.
- Sales of vegetarian burgers have increased 139 percent in the past five years.
- There is a good choice of soups, salads, side dishes and fine vegetarian dishes.
- Her books are a must buy for every housewife who enjoys simple South Indian vegetarian fare.
- They caught on that we were mostly vegetarians so they ordered us lots of yummy vegetarian dishes.
- The food is organic vegetarian Mediterranean and Asian, made using local produce.
- It's a 100 mile round trip but decent vegetarian restaurants are few and far between.
- These studies show that a low-fat, vegetarian diet has a clear advantage over other diets.
- Her philosophy revolves around the preparation of organic vegetarian food.
- But if there is to be vegetarian food on the table it must be just as special as that for the carnivores.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.