In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1velcro masculino marca registrada
- You may find yourself going out and buying shoes that have Velcro fastenings instead of laces as the child cannot grasp how to tie their own laces.
- Modern cloth nappies fasten with poppers or Velcro, need only a 60 degree wash in the machine and are very easy to use.
- These days, string has been set aside in favor of nifty plastic packaging, Velcro, and duct tape.
- Designers also are returning to buttons, which were replaced with zippers and Velcro during minimalist fashion trends.
- I can't manage things like zips, so they took the zips out and put Velcro in instead.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.