In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
2(high speed)velocidad femeninowe were moving with such velocity that … — íbamos a tal velocidad que …
- But you don't have to be a dot-com executive to see how the Internet accelerates business velocity.
- The bolt left the crossbow with amazing velocity, striking the target with near-perfect accuracy.
- Having started his corporate career with maximum velocity, Yang now runs another company called Yahoo!
- A gauss rifle is a rifle that throws an iron slug at an incredibly high velocity.
- The film has nail-biting stunts performed at such velocity you're pinned to the back of your chair just watching.
- The velocity of change in today's economy requires a steady commitment to your fundamental values.
- Scientists and inventors are unraveling new technology at incredible velocity.
- Medical advances aside, almost every technological progress has been about velocity, about the simple process of speeding things up.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.