In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- And in the end pretty well everything I wrote was reproduced verbatim.
- I record this verbatim from a journal written at the time, with just the occasional commentary.
- The BBC therefore used actors to read the words verbatim over film of the speakers.
- But their notes are a resume of proceedings, not a verbatim account.
- Their responses are logged verbatim and scored according to a complex system designed to point towards personality traits.
1al pie de la letrapalabra por palabra
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.