In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(variant form)versión femeninoan updated version of the opera — una versión actualizada de la ópera
- alpha/beta version — versión alfa/beta
- Actually, I mainly seem to be downloading cover versions and remixes.
- Associate Editors access the PDF version of the manuscript and assign potential reviewers.
- The case lacks front USB or FireWire ports, though some steel versions do have those front ports.
- A media frenzy ensued, and now London-based Salt Publishing has produced a print version of the hugely popular anthology.
- They're recording cover versions of hit songs.
- There are tentative plans to introduce a PDF version of each event.
- Click here to download, circulate and distribute a PDF version of this article.
- An expanded version of this essay will appear as a book chapter.
- Both versions feature distinct and believable characters, erring on the side of naturalism.
- I note that an earlier version of the website listed Mr Corcoran's qualifications, but they have been removed.
- The version given to mourners was small and brightly coloured with child-like illustrations depicting favourite Bible scenes.
- First off, there are several companies that publish English language versions of these games.
- He has noted that his work would present the layman's version of the historical events.
- The truly horrific adaptation, however, remains the 1933 version starring Charles Laughton, titled Island of Lost Souls.
- I hope you enjoy this year's version of the tale.
- Translations are regarded by Muslims as new versions of the holy book, rather than as translations in the conventional sense.
- Fans of this cult classic will be thrilled to see it in its original widescreen version, wall-to-wall with worms!
- The channel is also launching a revised version of its' Music Live ' programme.
- An edited version of this article recently appeared in The Age.
- Kay Daly was the first person to publish complete versions of the stolen documents.
2(account)versión femeninowhat's your version of the events? — ¿cuál es tu versión de los hechos?
- there are several versions of what happened — hay varias versiones de lo que pasó
- The loopy Loudspeaker of the House has become Washington's version of the crazy uncle your family has to keep up in the attic.
- Some of your own stories, your own version of events don't really make sense.
- Since there is no objective version of the problem, there is no definitive solution.
- But as details and a greater understanding emerge, this version remains open to question.
- There's only one small problem with Brooks' version of Salvadoran history: It's false.
- It is a sort of literary version of history from the ground up.
- And these two youngsters give a very pure factual version of what they saw.
- Obviously, that's the edited version of events.
- As discussed above, the city is the quintessential home of Auster's version of the post-modern poet.
- But in Drury's version, the papers not only exist, but are quoted from at length.
- History is a version of events, a story that features a cast of characters much like you and me.
- Ahmed and Khan then made police statements declaring their version of events to be true.
- This he has not done, and that is in our view consistent with the fact that his version of events is not credible.
- Which brings up the issues of multiple accounts and versions of a particular royal's last words.
- Those thinking either version will be a reasonable presentation of straight news should abandon hope right now.
- But the truth, it would seem, is far from the version of events some historians would like to portray.
- But at least we still have the ability to go back and look at the actual past, not the Fox News simulated version.
- Now, that's acceptable for a six year old growing up in New England, but we can handle a more accurate version of history.
- Each side views its version of Tibetan history as an essential part of its national identity.
- His version given in evidence is that he was not admitting to any improper conduct.
3(model)versión femeninomodelo masculinoautomatic version — versión / modelo con cambio de marchas automático
- You can also download the latest version of the software from ABIT's website.
- Users have downloaded a beta version of the company's VoIP software.
- The software comes in three versions for homes, cybercafes and schools.
- Be sure your browser has the most up-to-date encryption capabilities by using the latest version available from the manufacturer.
- Symantec plans to develop versions of the software for servers, workstations, laptops and handheld devices.
- Microsoft will release an updated version of this tool on the second Tuesday of each month.
- Computers with updated versions of anti-virus software should be protected, according to Sans centre.
- It still plans to keep an interest in the operation and will continue to have Linux versions of its software.
- Some other problems related to buttons were fixed by downloading a new version of the software.
- The company will also distribute its software with the next versions of America Online Inc's services and Microsoft Corp's MSN.
- The appliance uses a modified version of Linux for PowerPC and provides an amazing set of features.
- In February an updated version was released on to Swindon's streets.
- Fujitsu has launched a humanoid robot - based on a real-time version of the Linux operating system.
- However, users without the latest version of their anti-virus software may be unable to detect the virus.
- Version numbers are, and always have been, meaningless between software providers.
- It only infected and destroyed computers that had particular versions of this software running.
- The TiVo box is actually a computer using a version of the Linux operating system.
- None of the dealers installed unauthorised versions of software on computers themselves - a practice known as hard-disk loading.
- Keeping up to date with software and firmware versions is always a task at the forefront of a system administrator's priorities.
- With each new version number come more available games but also more power requirements.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.