In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1vertiginosoque produce vértigo
- This year's vertiginous drop in the Nasdaq market has caused Shin to rethink its timing, but its preparations are well advanced.
- Whereas Light Extracts took you from vertiginous loops to sheer noise terror, Connected's delights emerge in the details.
- Hadid's graphics remind me of the steep perspectives and vertiginous sweep of illustrations in science fiction comics.
- Their journey is over high mountain passes, through the narrowest of ridges with vertiginous drops on either side.
- As in the New York skyscraper photographs that followed, Church Street El features the blank faces of several buildings seen from a steep vertiginous view.
- To reach the outside world, you have to drive 50 miles of vertiginous, winding canyon roads, where cell-phone service is dodgy at best.
- We made our way along a vertiginous precipice, the vast drainage of Muddy Creek spread below us like some scarlet kingdom.
- Where Calvino's book explores the vertiginous possibilities of literature, Cloud Atlas is about humankind's possibilities.
- Perched on a rock precipice, the site is unassailable from three sides, with a vertiginous 1000 feet drop at one end.
- Be sure to pay a visit to the cliffs at Old Head of Kinsale as you head out, but beware - their vertiginous drop will put Blarney Castle in the shade.
- And the percentage of total births that are illegitimate has held relatively steady in recent years, after a vertiginous 50-year climb.
- Suddenly, just ahead, it plunged down into the most vertiginous descent I'd ever seen, not counting the Drop Zone at the local amusement park.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.