In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1día del Armisticio masculino
- I ask that you set aside a moment this Veterans Day to remember the service and sacrifices of American veterans, past and present.
- I was going to give a Veterans Day speech in Westchester at 11:00.
- Regular speeches in this series cover Armed Forces Day, Memorial Day, Army Birthday / Flag Day, Independence Day and Veterans Day.
- Be Good, Smile Pretty will be aired nationally by PBS on November 11, Veterans Day.
- On this Veterans Day, about 180,000 members of the National Guard and reserves are serving on active military duty.
- In the USA, Remembrance Day is known as Veterans Day.
- Both the Washington Post and the Washington Times tell the story of Eugene Simpson in honor of Veterans Day today.
- President Bush, Secretary of Defense Rumsfeld, and the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs have all published eloquent messages for this Veterans Day.
- CNN's Thomas Roberts has been probing that question this Veterans Day.
- And as we go to break, we show you a live picture of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial here in Washington on this Veterans Day in the United States, 2001.
- Let's agree on this: Veterans Day should have no apostrophe because the government says so.
- Un día festivo en EEUU y Canadá. Se celebra el 11 de noviembre, en honor a los que han servido en las fuerzas armadas. La gente pone banderas en sus casas y muchas ciudades lo celebran con desfiles.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.