1(area)inmediaciones femeninoalrededores masculinoin the (immediate) vicinity of sth — en las inmediaciones / los alrededores de algo
- is there a public telephone in the vicinity? — ¿hay algún teléfono público por aquí/por allí?
- there are few shops in this vicinity — hay pocas tiendas en esta zona
- the hotel is situated in the vicinity of the airport — el hotel está situado en las inmediaciones del aeropuerto
- in the vicinity of $100 — unos 100 dólares
- This is very evident in the red colouration of the rock in this vicinity.
- The few hospitals still standing in the vicinities were destroyed, from the inside.
- Everyone will be welcome but a special welcome to all those who are new to the town and vicinity.
- It was a point worth bearing in mind, and so was the way in which the local communities kept the high road cleared of snow in their vicinities.
- In fact, not only was Kim not at the door for me, she wasn't even in my relative vicinity.
- Attacks have taken place in the camp's vicinity on six other occasions since April.
- Much of the wealth he accumulated was invested in real estate in numerous rural areas in the vicinity of Lynn.
- He declined to leave his roots on St. Helena Island, and remained in that vicinity throughout his life.
- Any suggestions on what to do for four hours in that vicinity will be appreciated.
- Smokers can ‘keep to themselves’ and non smokers have no reason to be in the vicinity of a smoke zone.
- The area has been cordoned off and people living in the vicinity of the house have been evacuated to safety.
- With the above example in mind, let us take a cursory view of Egg Mountain and vicinity.
- The hill in the vicinity of the graveyard has been the subject of much complaint.
- We have never had an objection to a planning application from local residents in this vicinity.
- Were they flying surveillance at the time that this vessel may have been in that vicinity?
- When he started a family and bought a place to live, it was in that same general vicinity.
- Black kites were sampled in and around the Doñana National Park, in the vicinity of the contaminated area.
- After 1660, vines were planted in Kursk, Tambov, and in the vicinities of Tula and Moscow.
- There was no one on the street in that vicinity and they met only three cars on the way back to the motel.
- There was concern for a swan and her five cygnets in the vicinity of the contaminated area.
2(proximity)proximidad femeninovicinity (to sth) — proximidad (a algo)