In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- But coming from a woman who married her wealth, this kind of victimology is a little, er, rich.
- So he positions himself as a victim, yet he is part of the crowd of people who speak out against victimology when third-world or poor people talk about being victimized.
- I have been begging anyone who would listen over the past two years for a program in mass victimology to prepare for the next tragedy after 9 / 11.
- More and more, African-American iconoclasts reject victimology and embrace American possibility.
- Our main concern must be with new generations, who can fulfill their potential only in an America where victimology, separatism, and anti-intellectualism don't flourish among black Americans.
- And I discovered its secret resource: a treasure trove of courageous black men who utterly reject victimology and stand up for personal responsibility.
- Much of the seminal work in major areas of forensic psychology, including risk assessment, psychopathy, eyewitness testimony, victimology, credibility assessment, and criminal behaviour, has been done here.
- You might say that the true act of decommissioning required of republicans in return was not of bullets, bats and rackets, but of victimology, the standing down of the sense of grievance that had been their driving force.
- In Tom's victimology we see a type of an ever-present feminist fantasy: to be good, a man really needs to be more like a woman.
- Kudos to federal judges Pollack and Baer for not bending to the victimology and sentimentalism of the times.
- Ultimately, though, Notre Musique is a study of victimology.
- To summarize: these different versions of victimology set the question of researching victims of crime in quite different ways.
- But it is the grievance of a people who turn their own misdeeds into their own victimology, thus making rational discourse all but impossible.
- Areas of expertise include violence and victimology.
- Dr Burgess was recognized for her work in the field of victimology.
- The author's clinical experience and studies with a concentration in victimology place her squarely on the side of these victims of aggression.
- A new tale is being spun in the the never-ending saga of female victimology.
- I would love to but I have my victimology class in the morning.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.