In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1alertavigilanteatentowe must be vigilant against complacency — debemos guardarnos de darnos fácilmente por satisfechos
- We have to remain ever vigilant and issue extra advice to their offices on the possible risk of an anthrax attack.
- As a community we need to be on our guard, and remain vigilant to try to combat this problem.
- Continue to go about your day-to-day business in the normal way, but remain alert and vigilant.
- In other words, unions and their members need to continue to be wary and vigilant.
- For unless you are vigilant and eagle eyed, you may not spot a fake note at the right time.
- Meanwhile, we can all play our part by remaining vigilant and reporting suspicious behaviour.
- Also we ask all parishioners to be vigilant and keep a watchful eye on this amenity.
- So the entrepreneur is always vigilant for ways of improving product performance and reducing costs.
- We were warned to be vigilant and alert to what the road users around us were doing.
- We must keep alert and vigilant to the future plans of the developers.
- We were warned to be vigilant and wary of those who continue to seek dominance over others.
- Dog owners should be extremely vigilant and wary of anyone showing an unusual interest in their pet.
- Once again, we appeal to the community to be vigilant and to keep a watchful eye out for the elderly.
- London remains on a high state of alert and everyone needs to be vigilant, said Sir John.
- We are also urged to be vigilant for suspicious behaviour, vehicles and packages.
- As women we need to remain vigilant and watch how our South African Constitution is put into practice.
- I would appeal to people to be vigilant and report any suspicious behaviour near farms.
- He also urged individuals to be vigilant in watching for offenders and to report them to their local councillor.
- Of course you should be vigilant with your finances and budget carefully but hoarding money is not the answer.
- Yes I do agree that parents should be vigilant in what they let their children watch.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.