In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(of agreement, law, right) violación femenino(of promise) incumplimiento masculinohuman rights violations — violaciones de los derechos humanos
- a border violation — una infracción fronteriza
- a traffic violation — una infracción de tráfico
- to be in violation of sth — contravenir algo
- That seems to be our response to any violation of traffic rules that slows us down.
- I think though that the real issue is one about violation of trust and violation of safety.
- Put simply, the government was in violation of its own standards and knew it would cause injury to these men.
- Last year we were blacklisted over copyright violation over a treaty that we signed.
- More recent cases have evinced a less restrictive interpretation of the term flagrant violation.
- She wants to tackle the decision to dump her from the membership list as a human rights violation.
- Except for this violation of safety and common sense, Oliver had a spotless record.
- This double standard, this sheer violation of humane principles must be stopped.
- Every violation of the law is damaging to the good order and expectations of society.
- Two men and two women have been questioned over trademark violation and benefits fraud allegations.
- Once this is done, any violation of the norms by vendors can be met with penal measures.
- You may not export the product in violation of applicable export laws and regulations.
- In a savagely comic scene, Vera grapples with how this violation has left her feeling.
- Anyone whose home has been burgled knows the feeling of violation that follows.
- It's clear that most of the recordings were being distributed in violation of copyright laws.
- We need a government who can control the law and order and curtail violation of human rights.
- The Court held, however, that on the facts of this case there was no violation.
- I myself am shocked, sickened and outraged by this violation of our baby's grave.
- The two women were brought to the police station at night, in flagrant violation of rules.
- He said a definite message had been sent out that no human rights violation would be tolerated.
2.1(of grave, shrine)profanación femenino
2.2literary (of peace, tranquillity)perturbación femenino
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.