In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1virginidad femeninoto lose one's virginity — perder la virginidad
- I practically lost my virginity by accident and I was a late starter.
- When women discuss their sexual history they tend to raise the age at which they lost their virginity or reduce the number of partners they've had.
- Most of them are still virgins, or lost their virginity in the last year.
- Yet, while attitudes are becoming more open, virginity is still seen as an important virtue.
- I lost my virginity at the age of 15 to my boyfriend at that time.
- It was a wonderful evening which I will never forget, especially as I nearly lost my virginity on the way back!
- We eventually lost our virginity together and occasionally spoke of marriage.
- The Sixties completely wiped away the notion that virginity was essential to respectability and decency.
- I lost my virginity to a girl whose name I didn't know, in a sleeping bag on the floor of my mother's abandoned Fifth Avenue apartment.
- But then I thought well, that's only one a year since I lost my virginity.
- It is where I first got drunk, had my first cigarette and lost my virginity.
- She had lost her virginity to him and he hadn't even thought about the fact that she might not have wanted to.
- He lost his virginity in a very nice way and he's become a fairly good client since…
- I believe he does care for me, and pray that he wouldn't be just using me, as I lost my virginity to this man.
- We all got athlete's foot, one lad lost his virginity and at least two people came away with a sexually transmitted disease.
- She wanted to be in love when she lost her virginity, and I loved her for that.
- I think it's pretty odd that people are still equating virginity with purity.
- Buffon goes on to say that virginity, which is a virtue, has been transformed into a physical object and made a concern for all men.
- They both ended up stripping the rest of their clothes off, and Lily lost her virginity that night.
- Drama School finishes and we all go back to our respective homes - my virginity still firmly intact.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.