In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Sperm banks then sell the seminal product through catalogs which feature glossy photos of virile men.
- Gandhari is given away by reluctant parents to a blind but virile husband, yet is unable to become a mother by natural means.
- The inscription reads: ‘Dedicated to those virile men - the copper miners…’
- Think about what it would be like to have a younger, more virile man make love to you!!
- It was hard to see him as anything other than a virile male.
- These guys all want to come home, have their necks rubbed, have their slippers handed to them, and be told what big, virile men they are.
- Usually, US Army personnel are depicted on TV or in the movies as smart, fit, tall, handsome, virile men, eager to fight for their country and ever at the ready.
- I understand how distracted a woman can be with a virile man waiting at home for her.
- You could have had me, a young, virile man, but no, you had to have an old fat king.
- There's nothing I hate more than a virile guy who is an effective patient listener.
- Besides, you've just been dumped for another, more virile man so I hardly think you're one to speak.
- According to Hicks, the Christian gentleman is ‘strong, virile, and courageous,’ but will ‘never cause pain and is always kind and polite.’
- I'd much rather be de-frosted in a hundred years time a reasonably virile man in his twenties, rather than a decrepit octogenarian who had already died once.
- The soldiers are being taught the perfect etiquette in beheading - the exact way to cleanse the sword, the proper way to swing the weapon, the strong virile shout.
- The fact that testosterone is involved gave rise to the idea that bald men are more virile.
- I must be very lucky person because every time I look at my e - mail someone wants to make me a millionaire, help me lose weight or become the world's most virile man.
- In the film, Sarah emerges as a person of weaker character - a woman so desperate for a virile man than she is willing to cash in her passionate relationship with God.
- Strong-muscled, virile, simple and truthful, the Paharis inhabit the hilly tracts of the ‘middle mountains'.
- He deconstructs myths of the tough virile man, laying his anxieties bare on the floor.
- Surely these handsome, virile guys must have been having a good time in mid-town, with its bright lights and ‘action’.
2(forceful, vigorous)(prose/dancing) vigoroso
- It was a strong hand, virile and filled with vigor.
- The result is that the ruddy duck's genes, stronger, more virile, dominate the union, producing ruddy duck dominated hybrids and weakening the white-headed duck strain.
- Where I live we are surrounded by people in their 80s and 90s who are vigorous, virile and full of life as anyone I know.
- Time and again, advanced and cultured societies have been laid low by more primitive and virile enemies with superior military institutions and a stronger will to fight.
- Let's say, then, that they range from the distinguished and powerful to the young, brave and virile.
- Entrapment: ‘a subtle and surprisingly virile performance’.
- One of them, Baron Pierre de Coubertin, was convinced that the strong, virile physical and moral education of the British public schools was responsible for the prodigious expansion of the British Empire.
- Combat stimulates the virile or creative energy; and, like love, of which it is one form, excites the mind to an orgasm which enables it to transcend its rational dullness.
- It flags during the encampment scenes, with some redundant gore, but this is a muscular, virile piece of film-making from Boyle.
- For the next 30 years he was one of the company's most important principal dancers, an athletic and virile performer.
- Scott Hendricks is an equally flexible, believable actor, a passionate advocate for freedom with his strong, virile baritone.
- Cummins is a vulnerable, angry, intense, virile and passionate performer, making a ‘raging bull’ appear human, sad, remorseful and honourable.
- Sacred bovids, beginning with the fecund cow and advancing to the virile bull, were finally degraded to mere substance in the hands of humanized deities.
- A crucial part of the war effort was expended on creating an army of men who looked heroic, larger than life, and capable of showing forth the nation's virile strength.
- A wonderfully virile performance of a great work!
- As the editor of Independence, which was a task assigned to him, he proved his mettle as he was possessed of intellectual daring, a virile pen and sound political judgement.
- It implies progress, action, a sweeping away of the old order, a new era of vigorous and virile therapy.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.