In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Throughout history, and across every culture and civilisation, male virility and fertility have always been venerated.
- She confused and seduced his senses, inspiring his limbs to greater virility and more masculine proportions.
- The physical and mental health of the king was monitored carefully as his strength and virility indicated the strength and power of the whole kingdom.
- His fame has been based on a physical voice and sexual virility, both affected by age.
- These writers were suspicious of the enervating effects of modernity, and contrasted Australian virility with the dulled manhood of Europe.
2(power, strength)fuerza femenino
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.