In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- For him economic pragmatism, not artistic virtuosity, was the key to racial uplift.
- The virtuosity of the three artists on their instruments created a universe of sound that captivated the audience.
- I like smart writers who have tons of skill, imagination, and formal virtuosity.
- This sixteen member string orchestra plays with silky elegance and brilliant virtuosity.
- Today, though, that allegorical meaning is lost on us, and what we see rather is a dazzling display of artistic virtuosity.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.