In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Water so treated will show a change of temperature, surface tension, viscosity and electrical conductivity.
- The density and viscosity of wine that combine to create an impression of fullness or weight on the palate.
- Electronics also compensate for changes in oil viscosity for consistent operation at all temperatures.
- By the way, rheological properties mean viscosity and its effects.
- The texture and viscosity of the mixture is important, for it must be thick enough to adhere to the food, but not so thick that the coating becomes excessive and heavy.
- In other words, if the material viscosity is close to water thin, the pump can cycle in the vicinity of 30 times per minute.
- He and Gross also want to find other genes involved in fruit softening in hopes of further improving firmness or viscosity.
- Hydrogels are usually clear or translucent in color and vary in viscosity or thickness.
- The experiment began in 1927 and demonstrates the high viscosity of pitch.
- Thinness or viscosity, odour, ‘touch’, clarity, foaminess, and probably taste, were all considered.
- These chemical changes can lead to an increase in viscosity.
- When liquid helium is cooled to within a couple of degrees of absolute zero, it flows without any friction or viscosity.
- In a rigid porous material, the normal component is clamped by viscosity and cannot move.
- Once aspirated, due to their low viscosity and surface tension, they reach the dependent portion of the lung and cause a chemical pneumonia.
- Their lower viscosity and greater lateral mobility explain why the mafic magmas were distributed over a much wider area than the felsic magmas.
- The pore lifetime has been interpreted as interplay between the pore edge tension and the membrane viscosity.
- When the temperature of an emulsion is raised, there is a decrease in viscosity, which reduces emulsion stability.
- Acidification, texture, flavor and viscosity can be customized to meet the customer's needs.
- As a result, density and viscosity both decrease, and the magma becomes buoyant and mobile.
- This wetting is a result of very low viscosity and surface tension high enough to be drawn into the cracks and pore structure of concrete by capillary action.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.