In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(memory/impact) visualshe has a fine visual sense — tiene mucho sentido estético
- visual aids — soporte (de material) visual
- the visual arts — las artes plásticas / visuales
- visual contact — contacto visual
- visual display unit — pantalla
- visual inspection — inspección ocular
- It is a very successful way to convert an ordinary shot into one with a lot of visual appeal.
- Her training in visual arts enables her to create her scenes as though each image is to be framed.
- However, Plato's distrust of sensory perception led him to reject the visual arts.
- Experiments in visual perception have shown that the mind has a great influence on what we see.
- I feel they are concentrating on the visual side rather than the practical problems we are facing.
- Her performance earned her a bronze medal in the visual impairment category.
- They also point to the historical inclusion of visual arts in the festival.
- Monogram and AMT produced some of the best visual celebrations of hot rod culture.
- When only the first two rows of an eye chart are read it is called moderate visual impairment.
- There are very strong arguments that wind turbines spoil the visual appearance of the landscape.
- For the greatest visual impact, a rock garden should be constructed on as large a scale as the site will allow.
- The dishes that ranged from pudding, juice to salads proved to be a visual treat as well.
- Taken together, these elements add up to a beautiful visual blend of the old and the new.
- Such visual adverts seek to mobilise hopes which their very existence has helped extinguish.
- Previously, visual checks were carried out but this could be very subjective.
- You have to generate visual energy, emotions and memories with inert, dead materials.
- Other blunders interfere more with the visual integrity of the building than its structure.
- There are a couple of visual effects that are stunning and the pacing is just brilliant.
- Indeed water in all its diverse forms has been mainly responsible for the visual feast that lies ahead.
- The graphics have been upgraded, improving even further on the visual quality.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.