In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1cuerdas vocales femenino
- When a young child's airway becomes inflamed, it may swell around the vocal cords, making it harder to breathe.
- The larynx contains the vocal cords and it is there that the basic sounds, that are then modified to form the speaking and singing voice, are produced.
- For most men, the vocal folds in the larynx, or voice box, vibrate 100 times per second as air passes from the windpipe into the mouth and through the lips.
- If a sound is truly voiced, that means that the vocal folds are vibrating during the sound itself.
- Without normal vibration of the vocal folds in the larynx (voice box), the sound of speech is absent.
- Cancer of the throat can involve malignant tumors on the vocal cords, voice box, or other areas of the throat.
- If you overuse your voice when the vocal cords are inflamed, it may make the inflammation worse and take longer for your normal voice to return.
- When you speak, air rushes from your lungs and makes your vocal cords vibrate, producing the sound of your voice.
- Precise coordination of the closure of the glottis and the action of the vocal cords produces the voice.
- Croup is inflammation of the vocal cords, windpipe, and small air tubes in the lungs.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.