- A volcanic cone is composed of material ejected from the volcano.
- According to geologists, mountains are formed because of volcanic activity or the movement of the plates of the earth.
- However, many of these basins experienced intense volcanic activity which may have caused local folding.
- They suggest that the volcanic constructions on rifted margin segments develop through five main phases.
- Such communities use the volcanic emissions as their sole source of energy.
- We estimate the magma production, erosion and marine depositional rates of volcanic products.
- The seabed is a combination of volcanic ash, black sand and mud, strewn with the detritus of a million passing boats.
- This confirms that the tension fractures were formed during the volcanic activity.
- Old lava flows and beds of volcanic ash underlie the surface of much of this part of Colorado.
- More than 80 Vesuvius eruptions were listed in a recent worldwide directory of volcanic activity.
- This caused thermal uplift of Scotland and the East Shetland platform and volcanic activity.
- At least three phases of volcanic activity are present within the Erenlerdag Volcanic Complex.
- Timau was an obvious choice in that the area has a temperate climate and fertile volcanic soils.
- The trees thrive in tropical conditions near the sea, and seem to prefer volcanic soils, as in the Moluccas and Grenada.
- At the base of the food chain are bacteria that dwell in the searing fluids belching from the volcanic vents.
- Volcanologists now monitor the frequency of volcanic activity in an effort to predict eruptions.
- These became later covered in ash and dust from volcanic eruptions in the region.
- In addition to scoria and ash, other volcanic ejecta include blocks, bombs, and xenoliths.
- Even scarier and more destructive than volcanic mudflows are pyroclastic flows or glowing avalanches.
- However, this folding mechanism is thought to be related to the nearest volcanic activity.
- Football's corporate wing is doing its best to raise the level of excitement about the competition to volcanic levels.
- As he gazes past you into the middle-distance, you sense that he could erupt in a volcanic temper.