1(of shots) descarga (cerrada) femenino(of protests, blows) lluvia femeninoa volley of abuse — una sarta / retahíla de insultos
- a volley of applause — una salva de aplausos
- Fifteen minutes into the usual volley of questions and answers, he suddenly stops, looks appalled and clasps a hand to his face.
- This turned out to be true, but 10,000 were murdered with volleys of arrows.
- But on Wednesday, facing a volley of questions from his fans from different parts of Tamil Nadu might not have been that easy.
- As he was laid to rest, three Royal Marines fired a three-shot volley and a bugler sounded the Last Post.
- They oozed confidence and nothing could deter them - not even the volley of questions posed by judges.
- The frightened, penned-in cops responded with volleys of rubber bullets, tear gas and sometimes water cannons.
- Maybe lesser mortals would have been put off by the volley of abuse he directed at her but in the end she triumphed, aided and abetted by passers by and stallholders.
- The French cavalry charged into this funnel, hampered by volleys of arrows and by the wet ground; the rear lines piled into the front.
- I looked to see a volley of arrows being launched at us.
- He was taking cover behind the ruined console, so he could avoid their first volley of bullets.
- The actor faces a volley of questions relating to the accusation that the film had hurt the sentiments of the physically challenged.
- Twenty officers mounted on horses quickly advanced, swinging batons, flanked by police on foot who fired concussion grenades and volleys of rubber bullets.
- For an agonizing 20 minutes, he politely fielded a volley of impertinent questions.
- Drunken hecklers were a different matter: the only way to handle them was to unleash a volley of abuse, humbling them with a few crushing put-downs.
- Enthusiasm filled the place as students fired a volley of questions, which the seasoned star answered with poise and complete ease.
- Behind the battle line, the lieutenant of the youth's company had stopped a man who had fled after the first volley of bullets.
- The archers obeyed and sent a volley of arrows onto the heads of the enemy.
- After the screening, he answered a volley of questions from the audience - both children and adults.
- Almost immediately, a volley of arrows sailed past her, shredding leaves and diving into the fertile soil.
- They let off a volley of flaming arrows, which light up the night like mad fireflies on a rampage.
- Normal war tactics involved massed ranks of lightly armed or armoured archers firing large volleys of arrows into formations of targets.
- Armed with their knowledge, the children fired a volley of questions at her.
- After talking about four types of venomous snakes in the country, he faced a volley of questions from child participants.
- They ambushed them with a volley of missiles, taking all five out at the same time.
- After the banner was marched into position on the parade ground, the four full guards on parade fired volleys in the ripple-effect drill movement known as Fieu de Joie or Joy of Sound.
- A volley of bullets ricocheted off the armoured walker.
- During the ceremony, the Army, RAAF and Indonesian Defence Force provided honour guards and members of Australia's Federation Guard fired volleys over the graves.
- A precision attack system would not only reduce the number of volleys, it would also reduce the number of platforms needed to attack a target.
- It was then that the volley of questions started.
- A volley of bullets ripped through the air and ricocheted into the hall.
- Police responded by firing volleys of tear gas and rubber bullets.
- My poor buddy didn't know what she had done wrong and could only stare in bewilderment at the volley of words being directed at her.
- Royal Marines fired three volleys over the grave at the interment.
2Deportevolea femeninoon the volley — (in tennis) de volea
- He has won each of his first eight service points with a mixture of aces, volleys and ground strokes.
- The Liverpool striker scored with a volley that took the breath away.
- The challenges included running, catching, balancing tennis balls on rackets and practising ground strokes and volleys.
- Lee was obviously the best player, executing his shots, serves and volleys with the greatest of ease.
- The striker shifted the ball from his right to left foot and unleashed a volley into the corner of the net, his 20th goal of the season.
- But for once the luck is with him - he volleys the rebound spectacularly into the net.
- Once you have mastered this routine, work on repeating the drill but volley each ball.
- She volleyed the ball over to Evelyn's half of the court.
- He chipped the ball over the head of a defender before volleying the ball to the back of the net from inside the penalty area.
- Instead of volleying the ball he would score goals in training with his knees.