In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1máquina que registra y cuenta los votos emitidos
- Mechanical voting machines were used until 1974, and then gradually electronic versions began to replace them.
- However, he thinks that electronic voting machines are far harder to tamper with than the paper ballots they replace.
- For the first time, all Georgia voters are using touch-screen electronic voting machines.
- Punch card voting machines failed to register a vote for president on an additional 5,000 ballots.
- Protesters rallied in Washington pushing for a backup paper ballot system for electronic voting machines.
- In California you don't have to vote using an electronic voting machine.
- California's election officials have approved the use of electronic voting machines in 11 of the state's counties.
- There are also concerns that hackers could break into those voting machines and vote more than once.
- Problems with voting machines delayed election results and caused immeasurable heartache.
- Mr Cullen said a publicity campaign will be run in the four new constituencies before the referendum vote to inform voters on the operation of the voting machine.
- In Maryland, voters go to court to block the use of electronic voting machines.
- She's the founder and driving force behind Black Box Voting, the woman who brought the electronic voting machine issue to the country.
- One entire forum was devoted to the topic of potential for vote fraud through electronic voting machines.
- Bombay has six constituencies equipped with electronic voting machines with anti-rigging safeguards.
- All he saw were votes transmitted by the voting machines.
- The voter sees the ballot paper on the voting machine screen, sees preference details, and upon casting their vote, sees that their vote has been stored.
- Voters are using electronic voting machines in all four states holding Democratic primaries today.
- Millions of Americans will vote in the November elections with e-voting machines.
- When they eventually reach the voting center, they are checked in and directed to one of the four voting machines to cast their votes.
- In Ireland, cartridges from voting machines in polling stations will be brought to the count centre before being read.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.