In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1.1(single layer)galleta de barquillo femeninooblea femenino
- One noon might produce smoky wafers of zucchini melted in the wood oven, then juxtaposed with halved green grapes and wisps of gentle Montasio cheese.
- Lia gently lifted up one of the half-collapsed shelves, careful not to get her hand caught between the two splintered wafers of wood.
- Those who enjoy Chinese style roast duckling with finely sliced wafers of ginger were catered for, as were those who wanted some Thai style noodle soup, and some regional curries.
- Skin Bond Cement was applied to the skin grafted area of the abdomen and the backs of the wafer pieces.
- Harry relished every last drop, going so far as to lick up the wafers of sliced macaroni and eating them with every sign of enjoyment.
- Angle the blade against the stone then push the blade lightly along as if you were trying to slice off a paper-thin wafer of stone.
- Then we noticed that the clump of algae was actually a wondrous crab, no bigger than a thumbnail, whose body shape had evolved to mimic the green wafers of algae.
- DNA chips are elegantly simple in concept: thin wafers of glass or plastic embedded with strips of DNA.
- On a recent visit to Bid, I began my meal with two nodules of creamy foie gras, folded in green cabbage with razor-thin wafers of black truffle.
- This wafer functions as an artificial retina; light hitting the wafer causes it to generate electrical stimuli that are applied to the optic nerve and restore some degree of vision.
- The samples of solar wind particles, collected on ultra-pure wafers of gold, sapphire, silicon and diamond were designed to be returned for analysis by Earth-bound scientists.
- NASA officials say that the sapphire, silicon and diamond wafers that were used to collect the samples may have been shattered in the crash.
1.2(multilayered)galleta de barquillo femeninooblea rellena femenino
- Increasingly semiconductor firms are cutting back on their own wafer fabrication plants and using outsourcing firms.
- Much of this activity results from chip manufacturers' moves to 300-mm wafer assembly lines.
- The partnership will focus on making chips out of 300 mm wafers of silicon and the aim is to roll out prototypes in the second half of this year.
- Silicon wafers used for building microcircuits are usually polished at one specific angle to the atomic planes of silicon.
- Brightfield inspection is used by chipmakers to find the most critical defects during wafer manufacturing.
- Disclosed is a method for making reliable interconnect structures on a semiconductor wafer having a first dielectric layer.
- Many of these microscopic devices must be interconnected by metal wires, which are made by filling tiny trenches in the surface of the semiconductor wafer.
- Microelectronics manufacturers create hundreds to thousands of chips simultaneously on large, thin wafers of silicon.
- Government officials admitted that plans for eight-inch wafer foundry investments in China still pose many problems.
- Additionally, the semiconductor wafer is subjected to a flow of ions from an ionization source within the tracking device itself.
- Their walls are photovoltaic - directly converting sunlight into electrical power, using solid-state semiconductor wafers or thin films mounted on panels.
- Therefore, we can have thousands of devices on a single wafer.
- China has already obtained 0.25 and 0.35 micrometer technology for etching eight-inch wafers.
- The wafer fabrication plant apparently did not meet either criterion, despite IDA claims to the contrary.
- Most chip manufacturers use laser fuses that are activated during the testing portion of the manufacturing process before the individual chips are cut from that wafer.
- Certainly, there's a big difference between producing wafers and producing chips that work.
- The company's costs have risen dramatically thanks to its investment in 300 mm wafer fabs.
- A carrier is then bonded to an upper surface of the integrated circuit, whereafter a lower portion of the wafer substrate is removed in a grinding and etching operation.
- The present invention is directed to an apparatus and process for heating and cooling semiconductor wafers in thermal processing chambers.
- Lithography tools are used to draw the lines of a circuit on to a semiconductor wafer.
- Faith, holding her chalice and Eucharistic wafer, stands to the right of Charity, while Hope, with her back turned to the viewer, looks to Charity from her left.
- Church doctrine holds that Communion wafers, like the bread served at the Last Supper, must have at least some unleavened wheat.
- He broke the white wafer into small pieces and placed one in his mouth, whispering the rites of Communion.
- The Irish croissant tastes like bad communion wafers.
- Each element of the furniture is exemplary, and some items such as the casket for communion wafers (a gold box in the side chapel) are quite exquisite.
- Is it all right to chew the wafer or bread in communion or should I simply let it dissolve in my mouth as I was taught?
- Meantime, EBay has moved to stop the auction of a Eucharist wafer said to have been blessed by Pope John Paul II.
- Mary was at the front, and she opened her mouth for the Priest to place the small wafer of bread on her tongue, the body.
- In Spain, the dance is done to reverence the Blessed Sacrament, a consecrated wafer used in Communion.
- I remembered how, as the wafer dissolved in my mouth, I had felt myself ‘officially’ a member of the Church.
1.4British (ice cream)corte de helado masculino España
- I do have a sweet tooth, particularly for Italian chocolate wafers and mini Cornettos.
- To make the crust, combine wafer crumbs with butter and press into a 9-inch springform pan.
- Serve in small glass bowls with sweet biscuity wafers.
- He recommended the banana cake and the icebox cake: layers of chocolate wafers and whipped cream pressed together and refrigerated.
- Some posh wafers might be good here, or some homemade shortbread, baked really thin and crisp.
- Dessert is a few small sugar wafers in yet another cellophane package.
- The pink wafer biscuit is a lightweight in the World of the Biscuit.
- Each wafer, a beautiful raspberry color, dissolved in the mouth and filled it with an intense taste of raspberries.
- Crush wafers until very fine and cover the entire cake.
- Bammy is a toasted bread-like wafer made from cassava.
- Soon cakes and wafers were being passed around to the ‘uninvited guests’.
- Family gather to share the oplatek, a thin white wafer sometimes called angel bread, followed by an odd number of meatless dishes.
- Kurdish specialties include a type of wafer bread eaten for breakfast, and any kind of grain cooked in whey.
- The combination of real milk chocolate, crisp wafer and soft chewy caramel is almost too intense.
- Remove the ice cream from the mould and serve with wafer biscuits or ice cream topping.
- crisp, lacy baked items which stand on the frontier between biscuits, wafers, and sugar confectionery
- Mercifully, there were no pink wafer biscuits.
- For an extra treat, fill each cone with candies, then seal the open end with a vanilla wafer attached with decorator icing.
- Stroopwafel, sometimes called caramel wafer or syrup cookie, is a sandwich of two extra-thin, hard and crisp wafers filled with caramel-y syrup.
- The multitude of available food products makes the age-old snack of graham crackers and vanilla wafers obsolete.
trozo de helado entre dos galletas de barquillo
2.1(thin piece)lámina femenino
2.2Informática Electrónicalámina (de silicio) femeninooblea (de silicio) femenino
- A gold ribbon and wafer seal with the impression of the U.S. Department of State seal is affixed to this certificate.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.