In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(wage-paid worker)asalariado masculinoasalariada femenino
- He said that the average family should benefit by approximately 8.3% while the average wage earner should reap about 13% extra in disposable income.
- This is an affordable amount for the average wage earner to pay.
- Girls leaving school often find work more easily than the boys and go on to become the main wage earner.
- I believe that this legislation discriminates between a wage earner and a contractor.
- For more than 60 years it has helped millions of Americans avoid poverty in old age, upon becoming disabled, or after the death of a family wage earner.
2(in paid employment)they are all wage earners — todos trabajan
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.